Date of Establishment:-
The Regulated Market Committee, Kendrapara has been established in the year 1979 under the provision of Orrisa Agricultural Produce Market Act-1956 vide Govt. of Odisha in Agriculture and Cooperation Department Notification No.18584/AC(C)/ dt:26-07-1979. It has been functioning in full phase during the year 1984 with aim to regulate the purchase and sale of notified agricultural commodities within the market area.
Purchase of Land:-
The Market Committee has purchased lands at different places as mentioned below for establishment and development of the new market yards in rural area.
|Sl No||Name of the Place||Area of Land||Govt./Private||Year of Purchese|
Construction of Godowns/Shop rooms:–
The Market Committee has constructed small Godowns and Sundry shops as detailed below in different market yards to provide storage facilities to the farmers and traders.
|Sl. No||Name of the hats||No. of Small Godowns||No. of Shoprooms|
Paddy Procurement operation:-
The R.M.C. has taken steps to facilitate the Paddy procurement programme in the entire Kendrapara District during Kharif & Rabi Marketing Season – 2015-16. 108 no. and 18no. PACS agencies have obtained permission from District Administration to participate in the Paddy Procurement operation during Kharif and Rabi seasons respectively. The M.S.P. declared by the Government for different quaqlity of Paddy i.e. FAQ(Fair Average Quality) and Grade – A are as follows.
|Grade – A||Rs. 1,450/-|
Revenue Income & Expenditure:-
The total revenue income and expenditure of the market committee for last 15 years as as follows
|Year||Rev. Income||Rev. Expenditure|
Publicity & Propaganda:-
For wide Publicity and Propaganda programme, R.M.C.Kendrapara has launched its Official Website. The different R.M.C. activities, Tender call Notice, Paddy Procurement Notice and other programmes shall be displayed in the website.
Main Future Plan & Programme of the R.M.C.:-
- Construction of New Cold Storage at Main Market Yard, Jamadhar.
- Installation of Weigh Bridge at Jamadhar and Oldhi.
- Establishment of new market yards at Chhata Krushak Bazar, Korua, Garadpur, Rajkanika and Demal(Aul) in Kendrapara market area under Kendrapara District in TFC grants.
- Establishment of Vegetable Market Yard at Main Market Yard, Jamadhar.
- Establishment of Fish Market Yard at Kharanasi under Mahakalpada Block.
- Installation of Computer at Jamadhar, Marshaghai, Gopa, Pattamundai and Chhata Market-yard for reporting of AGMARK data to the Farmers.